Tuesday, October 8, 2013

INTERVIEW WITH CROQUE MORT 

                                           


What is the meaning of CROQUE MORT?

Croque-Mort is an old French word for mortician or embalmer. It literally means "death crunch", because the morticians used to crunch the toes of the dead to make sure they were really dead...


When did you start this sickass project?

I officially started Croque-Mort in 2008, but some songs dates back to 2001...


Lyrically what themes are based in “DEATH –O-DORAMA” album?

Death-O-Dorama was the first promo/demo from Croque-Mort in 2008.
It contained 2 songs : "Ice Pick Lobotomy" is about the dark side of self
and "Massacrés par milliers" is about the massacre of humanity.



What  inspires you to do “one man project”? Do you ever play live alone?

Croque-Mort was like my second or third one man project. I started my first one man band, Sick Sad World, in 2001. 
I like making music so much that sometimes I dont wanna have to wait after band members to create music... So I just go on my own and do my thing.
Dont get me wrong tho, I love playing with bands! Its the best! Vocals, guitars, bass, drums, whatever, lets make some noise!



So , how was the recording process like? Is it studio recording or DIY?

Its a bit of both actually.
When I started Croque-Mort in 2008, I worked at a pro recording studio so I used the installations for Death-O-Dorama, but recorded everything myself.
I still record everything by myself, using semi-pro equipment now.





What kind of feedbacks do you have from your first album?

All sorts of feedback! I love feedback! Some people said that it sounded like Mortician, which is great since Croque-Mort is Horror Death/Grind and Mortician is one of my main influences for this project. 



Treuly speaking  it sounded like  Mortician to me too.Have you plan for new release for coming years?

I'd love to release some Croque-Mort, obviously, but the lack of time and inspiration makes it hard sometimes. I have enough tracks right now to release an album, I just need to find a decent label that's willing to do it and who's really into it.
I prefer not to release anything official until I can release something good with people who are really into Croque-Mort.
Until then, all the Croque-Mort songs are available for free on the internet! So, enjoy!

Thanks for the interview DEZ, hoping to see your new albums soon . Any last words man?

Thank you very much , this means alot to me!
Stay true!
GORE FOREVER!...

 Fucking love this sickass one man brutality, check out this 





https://www.facebook.com/croquemort666

No comments:

Post a Comment